Download a copy of the Express forage oat factsheet.
Express is the latest high-performance forage oat variety ideal for farmers looking for more forage yield in grazing, or for hay / silage situations. Bred and developed by Barenbrug, Express is late maturing with excellent spring and overall yield performance. It benefits from excellent recovery after grazing compared to other similar varieties, plus excellent growth during winter when feed is most needed.
- Increased forage yield of 14% over Mammoth in multi-year / multi-site analysis (2012-2017) trials
- Late maturity
- Early growth is quick and vigorous
- High spring and overall dry matter yield
- Excellent recovery from grazing
- Finely tillered
- Good BYDV tolerance
- Higher levels of production particularly in spring and winter compared with older varieties, for more profitable meat production
- Fast establishment = Fast to first graze
- Retains fodder quality late in the season to keep stock going
Express was selected for its consistent high yields over 6 years of trials. In the trial results below, (6) denotes the number of trials the variety was included in the multi-site analysis).
The recommended planting times are March – April:
Plant Breeders Rights (PBR): This variety is registered under Plant Breeders Rights (PBR) in Australia. Unauthorised commercial propagation or any sale, conditioning, export, import or stocking of propagating material is an infringement under the Plant Breeders Rights Act (1994). Any breach of this legislation will leave the grower liable for prosecution.
Disclaimer: The information presented in this brochure is from official and other sources and is considered to be reliable. It is provided in good faith and every care has been taken to ensure its accuracy. Barenbrug does not accept any responsibility for the consequences that may arise from the acceptance of recommendations or the suggestions made.