Download a copy of the Weka white clover factsheet.
Weka is a medium leaved high yielding white clover suited to all grazing systems. It has a high stolon density, a strong spreading habit, and excellent tolerance to clover root weevil (CRW). Sow in pasture mixes at 2–5kg/ha.
- Medium leaved white clover suited to all grazing systems
- Good growth in all seasons, particularly through autumn & winter
- High stolon growing point density
- High tolerance to clover root weevil
- High levels of dry-matter production for high quality livestock forage
- Enables nitrogen fixation to drive grass-growth
- Strong spreading habit with high stolon density for good persistence
Disease / pest resistance
Weka has excellent persistence because of its high tolerance to clover root weevil, dry conditions, pugging and hard grazing, and its strong spreading habit. Yield scores under high levels of clover root weevil attack show Weka is a very good choice for these conditions.
In trials Weka has shown very high total yield, with good growth in all seasons, particularly through autumn and winter.
Plant Breeders Rights (PBR): This variety is registered under Plant Breeders Rights (PBR) in Australia. Unauthorised commercial propagation or any sale, conditioning, export, import or stocking of propagating material is an infringement under the Plant Breeders Rights Act (1994). Any breach of this legislation will leave the grower liable for prosecution.
Disclaimer: The information presented in this brochure is from official and other sources and is considered to be reliable. It is provided in good faith and every care has been taken to ensure its accuracy. Barenbrug does not accept any responsibility for the consequences that may arise from the acceptance of recommendations or the suggestions made.